For some people, it's not clear how they should count themselves or the people in their home. These circumstances may include:
- People who live in more than one place
- People who are moving on Census Day (April 1, 2020)
- People who are born or die on Census Day (April 1, 2020)
- People experiencing homelessness.
- Visitors on Census Day (April 1, 2020)
- Foreign citizens on Census Day (April 1, 2020)
- Students (boarding school, college, etc.)
- U.S. Military Personnel
- People in shelters
- People displaced by natural disasters
- People in prisons and correctional facilities
- People in health care facilities
- People living in RV parks, hotels or other transitory location
Find out what you should do in these situations at the U.S. Census website here.